Wednesday, April 17, 2013

And so it begins - spring Revolution

Now with the warmer weather and sunnier days, the ground is ready for seeds and seedlings.

Today I planted carrots, green onions and beets from seeds.

I also planted the Zinnia's and Marigolds. These are new this year so I will see how it goes. I read Marigolds help keep insects away from Tomato plants.
I also found some info about putting fish heads 3 feet down...lots of calcium.
Next time I go to the grocery store, I will stop by the fish monger and ask for a fish head! It can't hurt to try.

The last few pictures are of my front window greenhouse and the trellis I made last week.
I decided to include the early stages of my process.

Soon enough everything from the front windows will makes it's way back to the garden.

























No comments:

Post a Comment