Monday, June 3, 2013

Spanish Chicken Stew

Since being home, I have had some time to focus on catching up on my previous years magazines subscription. Yes, I have numerous bundles of unopened magazines!

Can you tell that reading my one magazine subscription, hasn't been at the top of my list these past few years.
No, those hours were better off spend doing other things including naughty things! 

I found a simple recipe, something almost right out of my childhood - Spanish chicken stew.


I browned the chicken thighs and added some paprika and seasoning, similar to a fajita seasoning.
Than I sweated out the leeks and garlic.

Once the leeks are soft, I added back the chicken and then added tomato paste, canned tomatoes and roasted red peppers. I roasted the peppers in the oven.

After 15 minutes, add boiled potatoes, frozen peas and flat leaf parsley.


It was a very tasty meal and I will have many more out of it.  Easy to pack for the freezer and take out for a single meal when the fridge is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment